Monday, August 22, 2016

Our First Day

We left the states on Sunday, August 21 at 3:45 PM. After a short layover in Japan, we finally made it to Singapore on Tuesday, August 23 at around 3:00 AM. As soon as we landed all I wanted to do was see how clean the bathrooms were here. Let me tell you, they did not disappoint. Without a doubt the most squeaky clean public restroom I have ever been in. We got all of our luggage and went outside to load it into the van and immediately everybody could feel the humidity. Some would say that it was a warm summer morning. A big culture shock was something that I noticed very quickly, it was that they drive on the opposite side of the street here. So the steering wheel is on the right side of the car instead of the left. Malaysia is made up of 13 states, the ones that we'll be visiting are Johor, Sarawak, Penang and Malacca. We'll also be visiting the capital of Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur, although according to my understanding that isn't a true state, it is more like a Washington DC kind of thing.
We arrived at Hotel Boss at about 4:00 AM and some of us guys went to go explore the hotel. There was an outdoor pool was on the fourth floor and it had a gorgeous view of the city. After that we decided to check out the gym and to be honest, it was a little disappointing. There was only various forms of ellipticals and treadmills there, so guess I could get a little bit of cardio in. As I am writing this it is 5:00 AM and we are supposed to meet for breakfast at 8:00 AM, so I think I am going to get some shut eye. Enjoy some pictures of the view by the pool and a piece of art that was hanging in the lobby of our hotel.

Sal Puma

 


No comments:

Post a Comment