Sunday, September 4, 2016

Kuala Lumpur


We had to wake up at 5:00 AM again. At this point, I'm starting to get used to waking up early. We had to leave the hotel by 6:00 AM in order to catch the ferry that takes us to the train that takes us to Kuala Lumpur. 


Before we got on the ferry a couple of my classmates announced that they left their passports back at the hotel. So they had to go back while everybody else got on the ferry. Once we got off, Mark and I stayed behind to wait for our classmates. We had to run, but we barely made it to the train on time! It was a 4 hour train ride and I slept pretty much the whole time. Once we made it to the hotel in Kuala Lumpur we had a couple hours of free time and then we met up to go to the Central Market. This was basically an outdoor market, but indoors. So I did my first bargain here over a t-shirt. It's price was 35 ringgits, but I was able to steal it at 20 ringgits. It was a really cool experience because I've never done anything like that before. Also at the Central Market they had the fish that eat the dead skin off of your feet. It was so ticklish at first and it was weird to think that fish are biting me. So one of the locals told me to think of it as just little bubbles and after that I started to enjoy it. I never knew my feet could feel so smooth. 


Then we got on the subway and went to a mall that was near the Petronas Towers or better known as the Malaysian Twin Towers. We ate dinner there and got to see a super cool water light show. In my opinion this one was way better than the one in Singapore. 


My friend James and I wanted a better view of the light show so we separated from the group and they left us! So we had to navigate through the city to find our way back to the hotel and it was actually a lot of fun. We made it back to the hotel at around 9:30 PM. Since our final exam is on Tuesday, some classmates and I are going to use tonight to study. Today was a much needed rest and leisure day. I can't wait to explore more of Kuala Lumpur that isn't concrete tomorrow.

Sal Puma


No comments:

Post a Comment